Start Your Spinning® Journey
The Spinning® program has something for everyone and we are confident that once you hop onto a bike and get your wheels turning you’ll never look back! But with over 35,000 officially licensed facilities to choose from we like to encourage everyone to attend a few different classes to find the perfect fit for your personality.
Your First Spinning® ClassPlan to arrive at your first Spinning® class early to let your Certified Spinning Instructor know it's your first time. In addition, here are a few items you’ll want to bring:
- Water - Stay hydrated before, during and after your Spinning class.
- Towel - Bring a small workout towel as you should expect to work up a sweat.
- Attire - We recommend moisture-wicking clothing and padded cycling bottoms.
- Shoes - You'll want to wear comfortable tennis shoes.
Setting Up Your Bike
Knowing how to properly setup your Spinner bike is important if you want to have a fun and efficient ride. Here are the essential adjustments you need to make:
- Seat Height - Adjust the seat height so that your knees are bent slightly at the bottom of your pedal stroke.
- Fore/Aft Position - Keep your arms a comfortable distance from the handlebars, and your elbows slightly bent.
- Handlebar Height - For your first several rides, start with the handlebars in a relatively high position.
Keeping It Safe
Because your safety is our top priority, here are a few key tips:
- Bike Setup - Always secure your handlebars, seat post and seat slider.
- Foot Placement - Place the ball of your foot over the centre of the pedal and firmly secure your feet.
- Slowing Down - You must gradually to stop the bike pedals.
- Stay Hydrated - Drink plenty of water before, during and after class.
VIEW SPINNING® FAQS
Staying MotivatedSpinning has the largest indoor cycling community in the world. We go to great distances to engage and educate our enthusiasts, instructors and facilities to continue offering the best Spinning experience. Stay connected and motivated by following us on social media!
Get CertifiedSpinning® is known as the GOLD STANDARD in indoor group cycling so why not get certified by the original and licensed program with over 25 years of experience. Just for 2018, we are offering a £20/€20 discount on all Spinning® certifications in the UK and Ireland if quote in the final stages of your booking. Contact our Programs Coordinator directly on firstname.lastname@example.org to request further information (Not in conjunction with any other offers. Offer ends 31 Dec 2018)
Our Favourite MusicCheck out our community's favourite Spinning® music playlists on Spotify® and get yourself pumped for an amazing ride.
Athleticum® are the licensed distributors and education representatives for the Spinning® Program and Brand in the UK and Ireland. www.athleticum.co.uk +44 (0)208 8199 161
Love your Ride #spinningoriginals
About the Author:
Sarah Morelli is Senior Master Instructor and Power Specialist for the SPINNING® Program, Master Coach of Precor’s Queenax and Director of Athleticum®, Education Representative for SPINNING® in the UK and Ireland and partnered with Precor UK. www.athleticum.co.uk
COPYRIGHT 2018 MAD DOGG ATHLETICS®. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. SPIN®, SPINNER®, SPINNING®, SPIN FITNESS®, SPINPOWER®, THE SPINNING LOGO®, ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OWNED BY MAD DOGG ATHLETICS, INC.