Last updated 25 March 2020
Athleticum® is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our website Terms of Service (https://athleticum.myshopify.com/pages/terms-of-service) on www.athleticum.co.uk , www.athleticum.ie, www.athleticum.myshopify.com /, http://athleticum.online/ , http://www.battistrada.cc/ and any other policy developed on our websites from time to time and notified on any part of the site) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- Morelli Enterprises Ltd (encompassing Athleticum / A-Online / Athleticum Pro Shop) is the data controller of personal information processed through your use of our website or app.
- The type of the personal information processed by us includes information that you provide when using our site or services, technical information about your device, settings and website use, information that we receive from third parties, such as other website providers, ad networks, social media companies and health and fitness clubs and, where applicable, information relating to your role as instructor.
- We use your data, amongst other things, to provide you with our site and services or information about our site and services, tailor our services to you, carry out analysis of our services, provide (or allow others to provide) targeted ads, comply with any legal or regulatory obligation and (if you are an instructor) assess your performance and provide information relating to your role.
- We may send you marketing materials relating to our services which you can opt out of at any time.
- We share data with our service providers and other third parties for the performance of our contractual obligations to you, to provide you with information, for the serving of advertising and (where relevant) run credit and background checks.
- You have several rights that you may exercise in relation to our use of your personal data, and you may exercise these by contacting us through the communication methods set out in the 'Your rights' section below.
You can find information about us and how we collect, use and store your personal data in each section of this policy:
- Who are we
- Information we collect from you
- How your information will be used
- Disclosure of your information
- Athleticum instructors
- Where we store your personal information
- Data retention
- Security of your information
- Social networks
- Linked Sites
- Public forums
- Your rights
- Cookie notice
- Differences between notices
WHO ARE WE
This website or our app (the “site”) is controlled by Morelli Enterprises Ltd (encompassing Athleticum Ltd / A-Online / Athleticum Pro Shop / Battistrada) (“we”, “us”, “our”) whose registered office is at 24 St Ives Street, London SW3 2ND.
While our instructor and club/studio licenses are ultimately controlled by us for the UK and Ireland, the day to day operation of these portals is carried out by the following partner companies who we are licensed by.
Athleticum Ltd operates the UK/Ireland instructor education and club license data on behalf of, and together with:
- Mad Dogg Athletics Inc. (USA and EU) for Spinning®, Peak Pilates®, UGI® and CrossCore®
- 4DPro CoreSpeed (EU) for 4DPro®
- AntiGravity® Fitness (USA) for AntiGravity® UK and Ireland
- Athleticum Online (A-Online)
- Precor (AMER Sports Group) for Queenax and Product Education
- cc (UK) for Battistrada Cycling Escapes
We, along with the relevant partner company in your territory (if you are using our instructor or club licence), are joint data controllers i.e., responsible for the processing of your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us when you browse or use the site, correspond with us by phone, SMS, email, social media or otherwise. It includes information you provide when:
- You register to use our site;
- Subscribe to our service;
- Search for a product;
- Place an order on our site;
- Participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site;
- Enter a competition;
- When you report a problem with our site;
The information you give us includes your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs, videos, images or comments.
If you are an Instructor, we will collect additional information about you in relation to your role including details of the classes and clubs you are affiliated with, purchasing history, payment information, event/training attendance, certification information and hours worked.
Information we collect about you
Regarding each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, anonymized location data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages or products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources
Other Athleticum websites: We will receive information about you if you use any of the other websites operated by Morelli Enterprises Companies or the other services the Morelli Enterprises Companies provide.
Third parties: We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, authorised distributors, health and/or fitness clubs or any other organization that Athleticum has licensed to conduct Athleticum programs (“Licensed Clubs”), sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, advertisers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, third parties that enable sign-on functionality and social network integration) and will receive information about you from them.
Social Media: If you connect with us via certain social media platforms, or you choose to use features on this site or the websites of other Morelli Enterprises Companies that connect to your online profiles or social media accounts (“Social Media Accounts”), we will collect any information that you permit through your settings on those Social Media Accounts. For example, if you log in to our site using your Facebook account and you have allowed Facebook to share your profile information with us, we may collect that information. Information we receive from your Social Media Accounts will include the email address, first and last name, location (hometown and country), gender, date of birth, likes, interests, number of connections, occupation, posts or other social activity. The information that your social media platform may provide to us via your Social Media Account may change from time to time. Please review your Social Media Account privacy settings to control what information is shared with us.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Whenever possible, we anonymise the data so that it cannot be connected to any individual person.
Information you give to us (including through Social Media Accounts)
- We process data for the following purposes based on our legitimate interests:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to tailor your experience on the site;
- for data analysis, testing, research, statistical, editorial, feedback and survey purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- We will process data for the following purposes based on our performance of a contract:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- respond to your queries;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to allow you to share information on our site on third party social media platforms.
- We will process data for the following purposes based on your consent:
- to provide you with the latest information and offers relating to health and fitness, or allow authorized third parties to provide information to you about goods, services and affiliate discounts.
Information we collect about you
- We will process data for the following purposes based on our legitimate interests:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to provide (or permit third parties to provide) targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting (see more on this in our Cookies Notice below);
- To track the progress and number of entries in competitions and promotions.
- We will process data for the following purposes based on your consent:
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine information we receive from other sources with the information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
For some of the purposes for which we use personal data (see above), we will engage a third party. If such third party needs access to personal data to carry out its task, we will share the data with them, we will ensure that the third party will only use the data based on our instructions. Such a party is a processor on our behalf and we remain responsible for your data. We will engage the following processors:
- Companies that provide services to us (including Morelli Enterprises Companies), such as vendors, service providers, and other partners who globally support our business. These third parties provide services such as providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this policy and the agreements we enter into with them; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site. We want our site and advertising to be as relevant and interesting to you as it can be. With this in mind, we use all of the information we have about you to show you relevant ads, and in order to be able to optimize our site. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are) with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you.
Other Third Parties
We will, based either on your explicit consent, or otherwise when we have the right to do so according to applicable personal data regulations, share your personal information with:
- Morelli Enterprises Companies;
- the following selected third parties:
- business partners, authorized distributors, suppliers, service providers, Athleticum licensed clubs and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- business partners, authorized distributors, suppliers, service providers, Athleticum licensed clubs and sub-contractors to provide you with information about promotions and offers, or for any of the other purposes described the “How your information will be used” section above;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant advertising to you and others. Except as stated in the bullet point directly below, we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their ad on any given day). We will also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women within a certain postcode). We will make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertising to that target audience;
- social media or other similar platforms so that we can serve relevant content to you via that platform. For example, we may share your email address with Facebook so that we can include you within a custom audience that we (or a third party on our behalf) will serve content to on Facebook, or we may create an audience of other Facebook users based on the information in your Facebook profile;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
Disclosure under certain circumstances
We will, based either on your explicit consent, or otherwise when we have the right to do so according to applicable personal data regulations also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If the Athleticum Company that controls this site or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms of service (https://athleticum.myshopify.com/pages/terms-of-service) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any Athleticum Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- Where you have otherwise consented that we may do so.
INSTRUCTORS Trained with/by Athleticum
Additional purposes for which Instructor’s personal information will be used
We (or Licensed Clubs) may give Instructors the option to share their personal information with Licensed Clubs via our club portal at https://sso.lesmills.com/login (“Club Portal”). Where Instructors agree to share their personal information via the Club Portal, Licensed Clubs will be able to access, process and use that personal information to: (i) facilitate and maintain the relationship between the Licensed Club and Instructor; (ii) purchase Athleticum releases on behalf of nominated Instructors; (iii) purchase event tickets on behalf of nominated Instructors; (iv) contact, or respond to contact requests by, Instructors who are seeking Licensed Clubs to be affiliated with; and (v) for other purposes as legally required or lawfully permitted from time to time.
If you are an Instructor, we will also use information that you provide us, we collect about you or we receive from other sources for the following purposes (on the basis of our performance of a contract with you or, where this does not apply, on the basis of our legitimate interests):
- the review, management and administration of all aspects of your role (including performance, assessment and payment) as an instructor (including providing you with access to the Athleticum instructor portal at http://w2.lesmills.com/home/login (“Instructor Portal”) and information about training, assessment, certification, events and the supply of Athleticum releases);
- providing information about your certification, continuing education, assessment and training to your Licensed Club(s);
- ensuring that the Licensed Club(s) you are affiliated with are complying with their obligations to us;
- ensuring that you are complying with the terms of your Instructor Agreement and the Instructor Portal and for any legal proceedings arising in relation to it;
- the management and monitoring of the performance of group fitness (including Instructor performance) at Licensed Clubs and analyzing trends in group fitness performance in the fitness industry.
Additional disclosure of Instructor's personal information
- If you are an Instructor, we will, based either on your explicit consent, or otherwise when we have the right to do so according to applicable personal data regulations, publish your name in newsletters and on our websites in relation to your role as an Instructor.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Individuals (especially within the European Economic Area, or “EEA”) should be aware that we and other third party recipients of their personal information, such as the Morelli Enterprises Companies or our service providers will not be located within your jurisdiction or within the EEA. For instance, personal data may be transferred to United States of America in connection with the purposes stated above. Steps will be taken to protect your personal information in that instance consistent with applicable law, for example entering into contractual clauses which mirror the EC-model clauses where personal data concerning EU citizens is shared with a party outside the EEA based in a country which is deemed not to have adequate data protection safeguards in place.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on the secure servers or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We retain the personal information we collect only if we need it to support justifiable business requirements or when our lawful purposes for using the information requires retention. When we no longer require personal information we or our third-party suppliers will securely delete and/or archive the information. For more information on where and how long your personal information is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of our site and portals, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees' privacy responsibilities.
You may be able to log in to our site using social sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
This site, our newsletters and other communications will from time to time contain links and/or banners that take you to other websites. We are not responsible for the reliability of the content or privacy practices of such other websites.
We may provide you with chat features, instant messaging, message boards, community forums and/or news groups through the site or otherwise. Please remember that any information that you disclose in public areas of the site will become public information, and be accessible to the public. We do not intend (but reserve the right) to monitor, moderate or screen the contents of user postings. We bear no responsibility for any such content and you should be cautious when considering whether to disclose your personal information in the on the site through public or private forums.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 and the site and any associated apps are not targeted to children under the age of 16. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to certain personal data that we hold about you including any information we have shared to our Morelli Enterprises Companies or third parties and/or processors, subject to certain conditions and limited exceptions set out in relevant data privacy laws.
If you wish to do so, please email your request to email@example.com.
We will be as open as we can with you but sometimes we might not hold any personal information about you or may have to withhold personal information from you. For example, where the information is not personal information about you, is commercially sensitive, is legally privileged, relates to the personal information of another person, or it may impact on the safety or security of our employees or customers to release it. In these circumstances, we will withhold the information but we'll tell you why.
You must provide us with accurate information. If any of your details change, please inform us and we will update your personal information in line with our obligations under the relevant laws.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using any other opt-out method that we provide in the communication, such as an 'unsubscribe' link in emails.
You may also have special rights under data protection legislation in the European Union, in addition to those rights set out above. If this legislation applies to you, you may also request information about: the purpose of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; who else outside the Morelli Enterprises Companies might have received the data from us; what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to us); and how long it will be stored. You have a right to:
- request that we correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by us if it is inaccurate or out of date;
- request that we erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions;
- ask us not to process your personal information for the legitimate interests that we have set out above. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to stop using your personal information but, if that is the case, we'll let you know and tell you why;
- receive the personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit that data to another data controller; and
- lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please your request to email@example.com.
Our address is 24 St Ives Street, London, SW3 2ND.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Some pages of the site and our e-mails will contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behaviour over time, for example, to count users who have visited certain web pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or the EDAA opt-out program here –
http://www.youronlinechoice.eu or in respect of mobile devices
http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site.
If you download an app to receive the services in respect of this site, we will also (where you agree that we may do so) collect geo-location data in relation to the device that you are using.
Athleticum (trading as Morelli Enterprises Ltd Company No. 08034556)
Athleticum®, 141 Bowhill Way, Harlow, CM20 1FJ, United Kingdom.